There are so many brilliant organisations and individuals supporting and encouraging people to get outdoors by sharing experiences, providing ideas of where to go, connecting with others, and showing us what’s possible.
It isn’t possible to list them all but here are a few shout outs:
- Fiona Russell aka Fiona Outdoors writes about the great outdoors and adventure on Instagram and her website
- Zahrah Mahmood aka The Hillwalking Hijabi shares her experiences of hill walking in the Scottish Highlands on Instagram
- Scottish Women’s Walking Group is a group of over 23,000 women from all over the country who regularly meet for walks and encourage hill walking for women across Scotland . Find them on Facebook
- Mind Over Mountains, a charity providing therapeutic outdoor experiences for all: their website and Instagram
- All The Elements, a community working to increase diversity in the UK outdoors who share resources, news and host a directory of individuals, groups and organisations working to create change.
- Bonnie Boots offer women-only walks for women of all religions and ethnicities, organised by Boots and Beards,
Is there anyone else who’s doing great work to diversify the outdoors?