Skylark Guiding Ltd supports and encourages women to spend time in the outdoors in Scotland’s most beautiful landscapes as walkers, runners or campers.
Join a guided hike, trail run, overnight trip and outdoor skills course for groups of women who are looking for an inclusive setting to gain confidence, skills and connection. Or book me on a private bespoke basis for a guided hikes, trail runs and expeditions.
I went along to Gaby’s Navigation Skills Level 1 recently and had a fantastic day. Gaby is incredibly knowledgeable, engaging and supportive (it also felt like a very inclusive space). As a group we were given lots of opportunities to practice skills and day was paced very well. Left feeling much more confident in basic navigation skills that I had put of learning for years as I couldn’t find course that didn’t seem daunting.
Roisin, September 2023
- Safety: for us to spend time outdoors we need to feel safe. As a guide I keep people safe, but I also share skills and knowledge so that others can feel safe too.
- Fun: days out in the mountains with others are fun! (Even when it rains.)
- Enjoying being outdoors: it’s never a race. I think the focus should be on appreciating and learning about the natural environment and if we bag a Munro along the way, it’s a bonus.
- Learning: whether that’s a skill, something about the environment, or something about ourselves and someone else.
- Outdoors for all: being in nature and “wild” places is scientifically proven to be good for us and I believe everyone should have access to this, regardless of our background, fitness, age, or body shape.
- Caring: being gentle with ourselves, with each others and with the environment.
Glasgow is a great base to go for runs in the Scottish national parks and on the islands. And Gaby is the ideal guide to accompany you! She was my running guide for two days in the Trossachs and on Arran Island, and thanks to her, I got the most out of it. Each day, she suggested several options to choose from, all perfectly tailored to my interests and running level, being very flexible. Such beautiful routes, such lovely days.
Nicole, August 2023
Skylark Guiding Ltd is a registered company number SC704473. Registered office: Suite 2/3, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP, UK