What data is collected?
• When you make a booking: Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, emergency contact, and basic medical information about your health and fitness as relates to the event you are signing up for
• When you subscribe to the mailing list: Name and email address
How is your data collected?
You directly provide Skylark Guiding Ltd with most of the data collected when you:
• Make a booking online or buy a voucher
• Voluntarily provide feedback on any of our social media platforms or via email.
• Use or view the website via your browser’s cookies.
• Subscribe to the mailing list
How will Skylark Guiding Ltd use your data?
Skylark Guiding Ltd collects your data in order to:
• Process your order and contact you regarding your booking
• Plan the guided walk you have booked on to and be prepared for an emergency
• Email you with news about upcoming events and offers
How is your data is protected?
We look after your data with the utmost care and ensure that your privacy is respected at all times in line with our policies and procedures. We treat all information that you provide as confidential, and your data is stored securely.
Data you provide when making a booking is deleted 4 weeks after the date of the event.
Data you provide when subscribing to the mailing list is kept until you ask to unsubscribe.
If you have agreed to receive marketing emails, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Skylark Guiding Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Skylark Guiding Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Skylark Guiding Ltd for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Skylark Guiding Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Skylark Guiding Ltd to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Skylark Guiding Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Skylark Guiding Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Skylark Guiding Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Skylark Guiding Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch via email: email@example.com
We use ‘cookies’ which are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
• Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, Skylark Guiding Ltd’s website uses:
• Functionality – Skylark Guiding Ltd uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – Skylark Guiding Ltd uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Skylark Guiding Ltd has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.